Monday, August 23, 2010

reminiscing salzburg and vienna










Vienna felt so quiet and muted (it was winter). You'd see people huddling and talking but you won't hear a sound. Walking around the city with that distinctive 'european siren' in the background, I was almost expecting to bump into Jason Bourne anytime.

Our host treated my buddy and I to the Opera, and it was such a blast. People there are all glammed up; Japanese tourists were in their best kimono. Midway into Figaro, I felt very hungry because we only had champagne for dinner. Before that we just had a slice of cake at the famous Hotel Sacher. But the sacher torte wasn't anything we imagined it to be. It was dry, unspectacular, something our local bakeries can easily whip up.

The highlight of that trip was my first ever taste of snow. My old classmate who's a resident told me it hadn't snowed in the city since 3 months prior, so i wasn't expecting it anymore (though i really hoped it would). But God never fails to surprise us with miracles because, one morning before we left, i woke up to a snow-capped surroundings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts here